Practical Education Network promotes hands-on learning in Ghanaian STEM classrooms. PEN’s curriculum utilizes locally-available materials to form activities that align with national curriculum standards. Over the last 4 years, PEN has trained 3,000 Ghanaian teachers, 100 local-level trainers, and reached more than half a million students in this experiential approach. Our approach has been measured to enable significant gains in student attitudes and learning outcomes. PEN’s partners include MIT, Ashesi University, ExxonMobil Exploration & Production Ghana (Deepwater)
AVAILABLE POSITION: Finance and Administration Manager
SALARY RANGE: GHS 2,000.00 – 4,000.00 (Gross)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Fixed Term (Full Time)
WORK STATION: Accra
JOB PURPOSE: Practical Education Network (PEN) is accepting applications for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, technically sound and experienced Finance and Administration Manager to ensure sound financial management and build effective administrative systems and procedures. He/she will play a key role in consolidating systems and leading strategic decision-making to enable growth of the Organization’s impact.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
● Leading the formation of the Organization’s finance and administration department
● Supervising day-to-day operations of the finance and administration department.
● Responsible for budget planning and supporting the executive management team by offering insights and financial advice that will allow them to make the best business decisions for the Organization.
● Producing financial reports related to budgets, account payables, account receivables, expenses etc.
● Developing strategies that work to minimize financial risk.
● Collecting, interpreting and reviewing financial information.
● Developing financial projections.
● Hiring, training, and evaluating employees, taking corrective action when necessary.
● Developing, reviewing, and improving administrative systems, policies, and procedures.
● Ensuring office is stocked with necessary supplies and all equipment is working and properly maintained.
● Working with accounting and management team to set budgets, monitor spending, and processing payroll and other expenses.
● Planning, scheduling, and promoting office events, including meetings, conferences, interviews, orientations, and training sessions.
● Collecting, organizing, and storing information using computers and filing systems.
● Building new and expanding existing skills by engaging in educational opportunities.
● Regularly updating the Organization’s books of accounts
● Preparing and presenting monthly bank reconciliations within one working week of the end of each month
● Overseeing petty cash system
● Producing contracts and invoices
● Preparing monthly payroll of all staff
● Executing all tax and SSNIT obligations within the laws of Ghana
● Preparing quarterly financial reports on the Organization’s financial performance and position, within ten (10) days of the ensuing month
● Preparing end of year financial statements in accordance with the laws of Ghana
● Forecasting monthly cash flow
● Reporting quarterly budget vs actuals
● Training of staff on financial and administrative tasks, as needed
● Developing and implementing new financial and administrative policies
The Finance and Administration Manager shall report directly to the Chief
Job applicant must possess a minimum of a first degree in a relevant field such as Finance, Banking, Business Administration, Management, Accounting etc. A second degree in any of the related fields is an added advantage.
Job applicant must have a minimum of four (4) years post national service (Ghana) combined work experience in two or more of the following fields: Financial Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Banking. Priority will be given to applicants who have had experience in accounting/financial management in the non-profit sector.
Professional command on the English language is a minimum requirement.
CORE VALUES AND MOTIVATION:
● Creative and can take initiative
● Truthful and accountable
● Motivated to develop personally and professionally
● Willingness to travel
● Interest in championing STEM education
● Advance knowledge and experience in financial management and accounting tools
● Strong oral and written communication skills.
● Strong organizational and administrative skills
● Creativity and innovation to find effective solutions.
● Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relationships while respecting diversity of people and being sensitive to their needs.
● Ability to establish clear goals and to achieve desired results consistent with agreed strategies and targets.
● Advance knowledge in financial management and accounting tools
The candidate must have strong existing experience in finance & administration, excellent people skills that can be harnessed while working remotely, and a high level of work ethic. The candidate must also have strong interest in promoting STEM education and ability to bring onboard creative ideas for organizational development. The role will offer direct administrative and executive assistance to the CEO.
This is a full-time position with compensation commensurate with experience.
The Manager will work, for a certain period of time, from his/her respective home and liaise with the PEN team regularly through online collaboration platforms (Slack, Trello, Zoom). The appointment term will commence immediately. Interested parties should send their Resume/CV, Cover Letter and other supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: Friday, 4th September, 2020. (Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.)